DRAGON'S LAIR II LASER DISC PLAYER CONVERSION - February 4, 2000
Written & Developed by Robert DiNapoli
Can't find a replacement Sony LDP-1450 or LDP-3600D for your Dragon's Lair 2? Now you can use any Sony LDP series player in your Dragon's Lair 2 game.
Modified ROM Image (see download section)
THEORY OF OPERATION (and other notes)
1) The Sony LDP-1450 and LDP-3600D support text display.
2) Other Sony laser disc players do not.
3) The Dragon's Lair II ROM code expects to be able to send certain text commands to the LDP-1450 or LDP-3600D.
4) The Sony LDP-1450 players display the text.
5) Other Sony laser disc players get thoroughly confused.
So, remove the text display routines, and all goes fine...
Simply burn the attached ROM code into a 27C512 EPROM, and enjoy. This should work with any Sony LDP series player. The downside to this hack is that no text will be displayed on screen, even when using a Sony LDP-1450 or LDP-3600D.
DL2 LDCONV.ZIP (36.7k)
The above is believed to be correct, and works fine for the author. No one is forcing you to do this. If you break your game, it's your fault!
| LASER GAMES |
| TECH CENTER
This website was created by Jeff Kinder & Dave Hallock, 1997 - 2013.
All trademarks and copyrighted materials are property of their respective owners.